Monday, August 11, 2014

Black Bean and Corn Salsa - The Secret Recipe Club

Welcome to the August edition of The Secret Recipe Club! I was happy to see this month's assignment hit my email! I have seen posts from Kathy at A Spoonful of Thyme since I joined the SRC. Kathy has created many unique recipes that I haven't seen before, so it's always fun to see what she's been up to in the kitchen. I had a hard time narrowing down a recipe to pick from and I was thinking about her recipe for zucchini fritters, but then I came across this recipe for salsa. It was perfect since I had two ears of corn leftover from dinner the previous night and had a bunch of jalapenos that were ready to be picked.

The salsa is so fresh! I loved the combination of cilantro and jalapenos. It's the perfect dish to bring to a summer party. I bought an extra can of black beans at the store so I can make this salsa again! Kathy thank you for this great recipe!


1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 ears of corn, kernels removed from cob
2-3 firm tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 cup cilantro, minced
2 jalapenos, ribs and seeds removed, diced
1/2 small onion, diced
1/4 cup lime juice
salt 
fresh ground pepper

In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least two hours to allow flavor to develop. If desired, serve with diced avocados. 




No comments: