Sunday, August 24, 2014

Peach Raspberry Cobbler

This is the second recipe that made for August's Cookbook Club Review group. I had a bunch of peaches and raspberries to use and I found this great recipe for peach cobbler. It took no time at all to throw this together...except I forgot to put the pie pan on a baking sheet when I put it into the oven. You get where I'm going with this.....bubbled over onto the bottom of my oven. Gah. At least that was the only issue I had while making this...and it was bound to happen at some point!

This cobbler was a little different than others I've made before. The crust is a biscuit mixture rather than a cake mixture, but I loved it. It was great warmed up a little bit with a splash of milk. YUM! I can't wait to make it again!

And if you haven't yet entered to win a copy of The Pioneer Women Cooks: A Year of Holidays cookbook, head on over to my cookbook review post and enter today!! Giveaway ends on August 30!


6 cups fresh peaches, sliced with skin on
2 cups fresh raspberries
2 Tbsp flour

2 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 heaping Tbsp sugar, plus more for sprinkling
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick cold butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup milk
1 egg

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the sliced peaches, raspberries and 2 tablespoons of flour. Mix and set aside. In another bowl. mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Cut in the butter with a pantry knife until the mixture becomes small crumbles. In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and egg. 

Drizzle the egg-milk mixture into the dry ingredients and mix with a fork until the dough forms. It should be lumpy. Pour the fruit into a deep dish pie pan (and place on a baking sheet). Tear off pieces of the dough and cover the top of the fruit. Sprinkle with sugar. 

Lightly cover the dish with foil and make for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes until the top is lightly browned. Allow to cool slightly before serving, the sauce will thicken up as a it cools. 

Source: The Pioneer Women Cooks: A Year of Holidays

No comments: