Monday, November 10, 2014

Almond Crusted Chicken Bites - The Secret Recipe Club

It's time for my reveal for this month's Secret Recipe Club! This month, I was assigned Sid's Sea Palm Cooking. I was Sid's assignment a couple months ago (she made my recipe for crispy edamame) and was impressed with how many dinner parties she throws! I would love to drop in for one of her tapas nights! I was inspired by tapas and chose her recipe for Almond Chicken Fingers. I cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces instead of strips, and made them more kid-friendly. Both my kids gobbled them up...after dipping them in honey-mustard.

I have to apologize for my picture..darn daylight savings time!


1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup almond flour
1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top. 

In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, bread crumbs, paprika, and salt. Dip the chicken pieces into the melted butter and then coat with the dry mixture. Place on the rack and continue until all pieces have been coated. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.

No comments: