Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats

I'm always looking for different recipes to make for breakfast, especially ones my daughter will eat before school. She loves her carbs and is always hungry, so anytime I can add in a little protein to her breakfast, I know she'll be good. Plus, she's not a milk drinker anymore, so these little jars of overnight oats give a good amount of calcium each morning. She has become pickier over the last couple of months....I wonder if taste buds really do change as we age? 

I had some leftover pureed pumpkin and thought it would great to make a pumpkin pie flavored overnight oats. It was so good!! I topped mine with some chopped walnuts and loved the bit of crunch they added. I'll definitely be making these again this week. 

1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
2-3 Tbsp pumpkin puree
1/2 cup vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt
splash of vanilla extract
splash of pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

In a mason jar, mix together all the ingredients, Refrigerate overnight. Top with your favorite nuts and enjoy!



No comments: